124 - Summary of Duties - Assistant Sexton
SUMMARY OF DUTIES RIVERSIDE CEMETERY EMPLOYEES
Description: The Assistant Sexton is responsible for supporting the Sexton in the day-today operations of the cemetery and for providing managerial continuity in his absence. He reports directly to the Sexton. Under the direction and training of the Sexton, the Assistant Sexton should be exposed to and capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned by the Sexton.
- Will be able to operate a backhoe and other earth moving equipment.
- Shall be able to properly mark out graves.
- Assist the Sexton, as directed, in opening and closing graves and be able to do so in the absence of the Sexton.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of cemetery lot records.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all aspects of groundskeeping, lawn care, planting and maintenance of trees, plants, & shrubs, fertilizing, watering, mowing, trimming, etc.
- Shall be able to make routine repairs and maintenance of water lines and sprinkling systems.
- Shall be able to repair and conduct maintenance of vehicles and miscellaneous equipment including the use of welding equipment.
- Shall direct and supervise activities of groundskeepers and seasonal employees in the absence of the Sexton as directed by the Sexton or Board.
- Actively assists the Sexton in helping to train cemetery personnel in safety practices, operating procedures, and protocols related to work activities.
- Shall have and maintain a commercial applicator’s license in the State of Wyoming for weed control.
- Shall have and maintain a Wyoming Class B CDL Drivers License.
- Perform other duties related to the position of Assistant Sexton as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
Benefits and Conditions:
Wyoming State Retirement System – 11.25% per month
Wyoming State Workers’ Compensation
Health Insurance participation by Riverside Cemetery District:
6 days 1st yr. (accumulated @ 4 hrs. per month)
Yrs. 2 thru 5 – 10 days
Yrs. 6 thru 10 – 15 days
After 10 yrs. – 18 days
New Years Day – Jan 1st
President’s Day – 3rd Mon. Feb.
Memorial Day – Last Mon. May
Independence Day – July 4th
Labor Day – 1st Mon. Sept.
Columbus Day – 2nd Mon. Oct.
Veteran’s Day – Nov. 11th
Thanksgiving – 4th Thurs. Nov.
Day After Thanksgiving – 4th Fri. Nov.
Christmas Eve – Dec. 24th
Christmas Day – Dec. 25th
Sick Leave: 1 day sick leave per month for a maximum accumulation of 60 days
Personal: 2 personal days per year, not to be accumulated