117 - Fees
FEES FOR LOTS, BURIALS, DISINTERMENT, LOT REPURCHASE
Fees for Lots and Burials: The Board of Trustees of Riverside Cemetery District and any licensed funeral director authorized by the Board may sell lots in Riverside Cemetery to the following persons for cash:
- To anyone for a deceased resident of the District, the price will be $200.00 for a lot, and $500.00 for a lot if the deceased person is a non-resident. If the deceased person is a non-resident for whom the Department of Public Assistance and Social Services is providing the burial, or to be paid for by Park County, Wyoming, the price of the lot will be $50.00.
- To any resident the price of a lot will be $200.00, except for children under the age of 18, the price will be $500.00.
- No individual shall be allowed to hold title to more than one (1) lot at anytime except for deeds to the contrary issued prior to June 20, 2000. The Board of Trustees may approve transfers by lot owners to a family trust but the number of lots and ultimate distribution on termination of the trust is subject to sole approval of the Board of Trustees.
- The fee for the opening and closing of a resident grave and non-resident grave will be $200.00 including the D-PASS and Park County, Wyoming burials. If the burial takes place on a Saturday, the fee for the opening and closing of a resident grave and non-resident grave will be an additional $400.00. Openings for resident and non-resident cremation burials will be $100.00. Saturday cremation burials (resident and non-resident) will have an additional fee of $300.00. Saturday cremation burials will be allowed only with a funeral home involved.
There will also be an additional fee for cremation burials if the container exceeds the dimensions of 2 feet square. The fee of $200.00 for a full burial opening and closing will apply.
- To anyone for a deceased baby, regardless of residence, the price will be $100.00 for a baby lot located within a section designated for infant burials. The opening and closing fee for such lot will be $100.00. Infants of one year or less may be buried in an adult casket with an adult with no additional charge. Saturday openings will be an additional $300.00.
- The price of a lot in Section 14 cremains area will be $100.00 for resident and $200.00 for non-resident. Openings for resident and non-resident cremation burials will be $100.00. Saturday cremation burials (resident and non-resident) will have an additional fee of $300.00. Saturday cremation burials will be allowed only with a funeral home involved.
One set of cremains will be allowed in an otherwise occupied lot, provided lot owner or owner's family give consent.
- The price of the niches in the columbarium at Riverside Cemetery will be $200.00 for resident and $400.00 for non-resident. The price includes the granite front of the niches, but does not include the engraving (price to be determined).
- No lot or lots will be sold to resident or non-residents other than as provided in paragraphs (a), (b) and (c), except with the prior approval of the Board of Trustees, and if approved, the price of each lot will be $300.00.
- Burial fees are waived for any U. S. Military personnel (who is a resident of the Riverside Cemetery District) who is Killed in action while serving on active duty.
For the purpose of these Regulations, a "Resident" is defined as a person residing within Riverside Cemetery District, or paying property taxes on property located within Riverside Cemetery District or claims the District as his or her place of residence while serving in the armed forces or attending college. Sales may be denied to any person who, in the opinion of the Board of Trustees, attempts to circumvent these Regulations.
Fees of Disinterment: A minimum fee of $2,000.00 will be charged for any disinterment of a full burial requested by the lot owner or when necessary, the lot owner's family. Any costs beyond that fee will be levied to the lot owner or lot owner’s family. For a cremation burial disinterment, the standard fee will be double the amount of an opening or closing ($200.00 for a resident and non-resident), however, if the container is buried beneath a headstone, or is deeper than normal, or in an extra-large container, the fees will be adjusted at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Repurchase of Lots: No resale or transfer of lots in Riverside Cemetery will be allowed except by being done through the District Office, or the Attorney for Riverside Cemetery District and with the prior approval of the Board of Trustees. Written per- mission by the owner for the burial of a person other than the purchaser, may be filed in the Cemetery District Office and a copy will be
attached to the deed records of the district.
All deeds are delivered by the District and accepted by the grantee, subject to the laws of the State of Wyoming now in force or that may hereafter become in force, applicable to cemeteries and are also subject to the conditions, limitations, privileges, and restrictions specified in the rules, policies, regulations, minutes and bylaws of Riverside Cemetery District now in force or that may hereinafter be enacted by it in conformity to law.