09 - Member Qualifications
Board Member Qualifications
Members of the Board of Trustees should have a genuine interest in and devotion to cemetery services, a willingness to give time and effort to the work, and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
Any qualified elector of the cemetery district is eligible to serve as a cemetery board member. A "qualified elector" is a person who is:
- a citizen of the United States;
- eighteen years old or older on election day;
- a resident of the State of Wyoming in the trustee district he or she wishes to represent;
- a registered voter.
A person may not serve on a cemetery board who is:
- concurrently adjudicated a mentally incompetent person;
- has been convicted of a felony and whose civil or voting rights have not been restored.
A qualified person may be nominated for the office of cemetery district trustee by filing an application for election with the Board Secretary of the Riverside Cemetery District in accordance with state election laws.
Legal Reference: WS-22-29-111 and WS-22-29-104